Monday, April 4, 2016

Social Life

In Ireland, I have found myself a part of a different kind of social life. Just being in a foreign country in general will change the kind of social life you have, but there is more to it than that here.

Constantly, I find myself surrounded by sixteen people who are almost all living a very different life than I am. While these people are different than myself, in all different ways, I have come to find myself among some of the best of friends. Whether it is complaining about classes, playing monopoly, or going out to the pubs, we always seem to have a good time, even despite the sarcasm and sass.




I am surprised just how close I have come to these people in Ireland. I don't think I will ever forget the time I have spent with these people here. I have spent a lot of time talking and getting to know these people, and learning about the lives they lead. I have learned a lot about how they lead their life, and how they want to live their life in the future.

It almost blows my mind just how similar everyone is, even though we are all from different backgrounds. Talking to Michael, I realize that even though we have completely different backgrounds and lead different lives, we want a lot of the same things out of life. Michael may not be the only person, but his conversations with me seem to be the most distinct in my mind.

It actually gives me more faith in humanity, learning about all of the people that I am here with. They have become my social life, and I am really grateful for all of them. We have all become so close, and have learned so much from each other. I am really grateful, in light of everything that happened before and during this trip, for everyone that is here. They may be different from the normal spectrum of people that I hang out with, but I am still utterly grateful for each and everyone of them here with me on my journey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment