Monday, March 28, 2016

Daily Life in Ireland

During my time here in Ireland, I don't know that I have really gotten into much of a routine. It generally takes me a while to get into a comfortable routine, and that is with things that are much more scheduled than here. 

I generally have classes Monday through Thursday or Wednesday, and you can see my last post about how those are going. Classes generally go until about 2pm, and then I have the rest of the day as a free day, if we aren't traveling. Most days I have taken the walk to Spiddal, and eaten there hung out and came back to the cabins, which usually takes about two hours of my time depending on what all I do in Spiddal. 

The major difference in my daily life in Ireland compared to the states, though, is that it is much more worry-free. I have a lot less on my plate here than I normally do, and being in a European country makes me feel a lot less rushed. This leads to a much more relaxing daily life for me, which I have grown quite fond of.

Not having a so much of a schedule here is really relaxing, but at the same time it throws me off. I will like going back to the States and having more of a schedule laid out before me, even if it is from work or school. One other thing I miss is being able to go out on my own and do my own thing. Everyone needs their alone time every once in awhile, and I have found it difficult to find here while I am in Ireland. Being centered around our cabins is nice, but finding time and a place to have your thoughts to yourself is more difficult because of the fact. It is hard to go anywhere without someone else joining you, which makes it difficult.

As I look back at my time here, and my last four weeks in Ireland, I think there will be some changes to my daily life back home that I learned from this trip. If I have learned anything in Ireland and abroad, it is about the benefits of not feeling a rushed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment